Therapists at Bodies in Balance provide a combination of approaches to improve back pain and pain radiating into buttocks and legs.
Evaluation includes assessing the following:
- Pelvic and Spinal Alignment
- Spinal Segment Mobility
- Neurological Screening
- Strength (including “core” abdominal/ trunk strength)
- Muscle Tone/ Spasms
Learn how SPINAL MANIPULATION can help those with LOW BACK PAIN...
Therapist Ryan McCarty, DPT, OCS shares research of who may best benefit from spinal manipulation. Did you know that receiving spinal manipulation within 16 days of low back pain onset may increase the success of spinal manipulation and therapy outcomes? Watch this video to learn more and see a demonstration of spinal manipulation. Thanks Ryan for sharing your knowledge with others!
Therapists at Bodies in Balance have completed numerous continuing education and certification programs in manual therapy (hands on techniques) including:
- McKenzie-based Treatment Approach
- Maitland Approach Spinal Conditions
- Muscle Energy/ Alignment
- Spinal Manipulation
- Myofascial Release
- Exercise Prescription for Low Back Pain
- Thoracic/ Rib Mobilization
- Craniosacral Therapy
- Deep and Soft Tissue Work
- Hesch Realignment Techniques
- Neuromeningeal Mobilization
- Chronic Pain Management
Other Treatment Strategies include:
- Spinal "Core" Stabilization and Strengthening
- Posture Education
- Ergonomic/ Body Mechanic Education
- Modalities (for example: heat, ice, electrical stimulation and ultrasound)
- Trigger Point Dry Needling
Bodies in Balance Physical Therapy prides itself in using the latest evidence based (researched) practices.
Patients receiving back therapy are advised to wear loose fitting pants preferably with elastic or drawstring waist.