Pregnancy Related Rehab physical therapy can help women before, during, and after pregnancy to reduce pain, prescribe appropriate exercises, and facilitate a healthy post party recovery. Bodies in Balance employees nine board certified orthopedic specialists that are experts at evaluation back and sacral pain as it relates to pregnancy. Post partum care can include: core strengthening, pelvic floor strengthening, treatment of diastasic recti, body mechanics to care for your new baby, and address chronic low back pain.
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology recommends 150 minutes per week of moderate intensity exercises include strengthening exercises for abdominal and back muscles.
- Physical therapists can guide patients in selecting appropriate exercises during and after pregnancy.
- Exercise prescription will be tailored and will include precautions for different stages of pregnancy, into the 4th trimester.
- Reduces back pain
- Eases constipation
- May decrease your risk of gestational diabetes, preeclampsia, and cesarean delivery
- Promotes healthy weight gain during pregnancy